TransCon Technology: Expected Benefits
TransCon prodrug product candidates are designed to release an unmodified parent drug at predetermined rates governed by physiological conditions. Because the parent drug is unmodified, its original mode of action is expected to be maintained.
We believe TransCon technologies will enable creation of new therapies with the potential for best-in-class efficacy, safety and/or tolerability.
- Same mode of action as parent drug
- Predictable release of unmodified parent drug supporting dosing frequency from daily to up to six months or more
- Enables sustained localized or systemic drug exposure
- Reduces dosing frequency to improve patient adherence and improve overall treatment outcomes
- Dosing and release tailored to desired pharmacokinetic profile potentially optimizing effects of parent drug
Safety and Tolerability
- Same established safety profile as parent drug with potential enhancements or improvements due to application of TransCon technologies
- Enables comparable alternative to continuous infusions or subcutaneous injections
- TransCon localized delivery platform may enable more efficacious therapy with improved safety profile by maintaining high local concentrations of drug while minimizing systemic exposure
Development and Regulatory
- Potentially higher drug development success rate when investigating clinically validated parent drugs and mechanisms by leveraging existing knowledge
- New composition of matter patents
TransCon Technology Platform
Learn how we’re using our innovative TransCon technology (short from “transient conjugation”) to create best-in-class products to address unmet patient needs.